066 Savoring Motherhood & Keeping Business Simple with Jamie Starcevich
Mar 25, 2019
When you combine motherhood and entrepreneurship, simplicity and savoring the present moment become two necessary but hard ingredients to remember. In this episode we hear from Jamie Starcevich all about how she’s pursuing simplicity and savoring the special moments of motherhood as well as how she has grown and evolved her branding and design agency.
Meet Jamie Starcevich
I’m Jamie, founder + creative director at Spruce Rd., and creator of the Share-worthy Design course for freelancers. I’m also a mom to a little one, hiking enthusiast (walking around the park counts, right?!), and will never say no to cookies, tacos, or a Wes Anderson film.
I love coming alongside fellow freelance designers, and revealing my journey in freelancing and designing standout brands for our lovely clients.
- (1:40) Meet Jamie
- (6:10) If Jamie started her business today, what would she do differently and how would she start getting clients?
- (8:50) How designers can set themselves apart from the others in their industry and how Jamie innovated in a “saturated industry”
- (14:20) Roadblocks that Jamie has had to overcome
- (16:10) The guilt of outsourcing or dropping things you “think you should be doing”
- (17:25) Jamie’s process to protect her business from squirrel moments
- (23:25) What was Jamie’s business struggle in adding motherhood into her work life
- (25:16) Walking yourself through mom guilt and overcoming it
- (31:25) What’s the best book she’s read?
- (33:55) How to connect with Jamie
- (35:25) But what if it were simple?
Links to Connect
- Connect with Jamie Starcevich
- Connect with Katie
- If you're ready to take your expertise and turn it into a profitable business on nap time hours, apply now for a FREE game plan call with Katie to talk about how you can get started and profitable!
- Screenshot today’s episode and share on your Insta Story and tag me! >> Go to Insta
Feel free to email me with any questions you might have and I’ll be sure to feature you on the next #AskKatie episode! [email protected]
Ready to Start Your Profitable Business on Naptime Hours?
Apply now for your complimentary gameplan call with Katie to discuss how to turn your ideas and expertise into a profitable business you can run while raising a family!
The Mom's Guide to $1k
The 3 Step Process to Starting Your Business & Making Your First $1k Online, Without Sacrificing Your Family Life